Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dreams

In my dreams I am a dancer
And I dance with style and grace
In my dreams I am a runner
And I win the longest race

In my dreams I am a skier
And I ski the steepest slope
In my dreams I am a climber
And my lifeline is a rope

But when morning comes and I'm awake
I see this cannot be
As what I dream and who I am
Are very different things

The dancer has no music
The runner has no track
The skier has no mountain
And the climber's rope no slack

So instead I play the music
And instead I walk the track
Each day I climb a mountain
And dare not to look back

For when I hear the music
So beatuiful, I see
That I am doing all this and more
Not only in my dreams

1 comment:

LifeWrecked said...

Lia,

What a beautiful poem. I don't know you or your limitations. I'm a late-deafened HOH adult (48), and really appreciate the struggles of folks who have a "diffferent"-ability. Robyn C pointed me at you. If you'd like to know me better: http://thelifewreckblog.blogspot.com

Paul S
AKA: LifeWrecked